Winter – it’s wet, cold and usually means staying indoors by a warm fire. And staying indoors can be tough for the little ones. Children have lots of energy and they can easily become frustrated, irritable, and bored if they don’t have the appropriate ways to channel it. At Springfree Trampoline, we are dedicated to ensuring that kids have safe outdoor play, all year long!
Take the Fun Outside this Winter!
Springfree Trampolines are constructed out of the highest quality materials and are designed to stand the test of time. The SoftEdge™ mat and safety enclosure are UV-resistant to prevent deterioration from the sun and our frame is double powder coated steel for durability and to prevent rusting. The composite fiberglass rods are rust proof, unlike metal coil springs. All the engineering and design that has been put into the development of Springfree means that you can leave it outside and enjoy jumping on it all year long, even in the snow!
Jump in the Snow!
Even though it’s cold and snowy, there are lots of ways for your family to enjoy your Springfree! There is an entire new world of imaginative play with snow that you and your kids can experience. Some of our favourite ideas include building a snow castle on the mat, playing dodge the snowball while jumping and make snow angels on the mat. We’re sure that if you let your kids go, they will come up with even more!
If you’ve got a creative outdoor game to play during the winter, share with us on Facebook!
Winter Maintenance Tips
If you live in a snowy region, we recommend regularly clearing any accumulation of snow off your Springfree Trampoline with a soft bristle brush or broom. Stay clear of sharp bristles or snow shovels as they may damage the mat. With your brush or broom, reach onto the center of the mat and pull the snow toward you and off the trampoline through the zippered door. With regular snow clearing, your Springfree Trampoline can be used year round! We also recommend this if you are not planning on jumping to ensure your trampoline remains in good working condition.
tgoma Game System – Winter Care
The tgoma game system cables and controller are designed for extended outdoor use, however there are some winter care instructions to ensure tgoma is ready to play in the Spring!
Please follow the below instructions before there is an accumulation of snow and ice or once the temperatures drop below -10 degrees Celsius (14 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove the battery pack from the controller.
- Disconnect the cables from the controller at the back of the unit.
- Carefully cut the cable ties holding the controller to the trampoline frame and undo the nut holding the controller in place. DO NOT remove the bolt in the leg.
- Once the controller is removed, replace the trampoline leg nut and tighten.
- To avoid water collecting and freezing in the cable connector and damaging the connector, please ensure that the disconnected cables are wrapped in plastic (e.g. inside a plastic bag), the wrapping is sealed and the wrapped connectors are placed in such a way that any water will drip down off the wrapping and not into it.
- Remove the tablet holder from the trampoline net.
- Store the battery pack, controller and tablet holder inside.