3 min read
Remember those days you spent as a child playing outside until it was dark? If kids today are anything like us, they probably spend hours biking, running around in the backyard, kicking a football around or jumping on a trampoline with their friends!
A Breath of Fresh Air
Outdoor play allows kids to develop their physical skills and of course, get fresh air and healthy exercise. With childhood obesity rates on the rise, playing outside can help children burn energy and stay healthy. The best part is you don’t need to keep them focused on a specific sport, kids will make up their own games running around outside. And they won’t even think of it as exercise!
Unfortunately, kids are spending more and more time indoors than outside in the fresh air. Here are some of the benefits of outdoor play!
Benefits of Outdoor Play
- Offers an opportunity for learning and creative play.
- Helps kids interact with nature and living things.
- Gives them the courage and confidence when learning a new skill.
- Helps to learn through senses and aid in aesthetic development.
- Encourages social interaction with friends and peers.
Outdoor time is important for all kids and encourages learning and exploration. Since children learn from adults by example, showing your kids an appreciation for the outdoors will get them excited and eager to learn and explore.
Try some of these fun activities to get them outside...
- Go on a nature walk as a family and encourage your children to explore. As you walk, ask your kids to describe what they’re hearing, seeing and smelling.
- Plant a garden with your kids and let them pick out the flowers and plants to go in it.
- Jump and play games on your Springfree Trampoline.
- Set up a backyard obstacle course with toys and household objects and encourage them to invite friends over for a race.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt in the park or the backyard.
- Create a family challenge on your Springfree, cheer each other on as you compete with one another in bouncing and jumping games. Remember, one jumper at a time.
The outdoors is a place where children can run freely, yell and get messy. It’s the perfect place to explore and burn off some energy, all while helping them get exercise and be active.
What are your favorite outdoor activities? Share your family outdoor activities with us using #springfree on social media!