This contest is open to Canadian residents only and is governed by Canadian law.
The “Canada 150 Backyard BBQ” Social Media Contest (the “Contest”) starts at 12:00:01 a.m. on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 and closes at 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 24, 2017, (the “Contest Period”). All times are Eastern Time (“ET”). The Contest is sponsored by Springfree Trampoline Canada (“Springfree Trampoline Canada”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Contest is open to all Facebook® users who are legal residents of Canada, age of majority or older in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Springfree, its agencies, affiliates, catalogue merchant agents, store operators and members of their immediate families living in the same household are not eligible to enter. Springfree reserves the right to require proof of age prior to awarding a prize.
By entering the contest, each participant represents and warrants that he or she meets all other eligibility requirements and acknowledges that failure to meet all eligibility requirements will disqualify the participant from the Contest.
The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. Entrants must have a Facebook account (each a “Social Network Account”) to enter the contest. Entrants who do not have a Social Network Account can create one by visiting www.facebook.com and following the sign-up instructions.
HOW TO ENTER:
To receive one (1) entry during the Contest Period entrants must visit the Springfree Trampoline Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Springfree), locate the “#SpringInto150” Social Media Contest post, and post a photo of themselves “Jumping for Canada 150” dressed in Canada-themed attire and accessories before the Contest closing date and time. Upon doing so, and subject to the approval of Springfree Trampoline Canada, each entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the Contest Period regardless of social media platform used to enter. For the purposes of this contest, an entry occurs when the contestant posts a photo and uses the hashtag #SpringInto150 in response to the contest post.
Entrants must include the hashtag #SpringInto150 with their photo submission, and comply with photo format and content requirements set out below to be eligible. Entries must be received on or before 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, May 24, 2017. If an entrant posts a photo containing inappropriate content, he or she will be disqualified.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, or using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service, are not permitted and will void all that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified from the contest (in the sole discretion of Springfree Trampoline Canada). In the event of a dispute the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Data rates may apply for entries submitted via entrant’s web-enabled mobile device. See your wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities.
PHOTO FORMAT AND CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
Submitted photo must be the entrant’s original creation and not copied or reproduced in whole or in part from another work, never have been previously exhibited publicly or submitted in any other contest or promotion.
Submissions must not include:
- Names, home addresses, phone numbers, personal information
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Cursing, vulgarity, sexually explicit content, or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Springfree Trampoline Canada and/or the contest judges in their sole discretion.
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trademarks, brands or logos (other than those of Springfree Trampoline Canada) or any depiction or description of Springfree Trampoline Canada products or services must not suggest inappropriate, unlawful, or dangerous use of the products or services.
- Please be safe. Springfree trampoline cannot share pictures featuring flips, tricks, or multiple jumpers on the trampoline. Springfree also cannot share pictures of spring-based trampolines.
All photo submissions must comply with these official rules. By entering the contest, participants agree that they have read and understand the official rules, that they meet the contest eligibility requirements and that they agree to comply with and abide by the official Contest rules and the decisions of Springfree Trampoline Canada and the Contest judges. As a condition of entering the Contest each entrant warrants and represents that the photo submission does not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity, personality rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and will not give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever.
Springfree Trampoline Canada reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not meet the requirements of these official rules or is unsuitable to be entered into the Contest for any reason whatsoever, as determined by Springfree Trampoline Canada and/or the Contest judges in their sole discretion.
There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) Springfree Trampoline (model and size determined by Springfree Trampoline Canada) including delivery and installation; one (1) tgoma system; one (1) backyard BBQ party for 20 people hosted by two-time Canadian Olympic Gold-Medallist Rosie Maclennan (including food, non-alcoholic beverages), with an approximate total retail value of $6,500.
Any costs that exceed the value of the prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner and are not included in the prize. All terms and conditions that ordinarily apply to the use of a Springfree Trampoline will apply to the redemption of the prize.
On Thursday, May 25, 2017, at or about 12:00 p.m. ET, a random selection of one (1) eligible entry from among all entries received on Facebook during the Contest Period will take place at Strategic Objectives Inc., 184 Front St E, Toronto, ON M5A 4N3. The selected entrant will be contacted by Springfree within four (4) business days of the selection to confirm his or her identity in the following way: through a reply to his or her comment in the Facebook contest post.
No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrant via Facebook comment. The selected entrant will be given instructions for contacting Springfree Trampoline Canada to confirm eligibility. He/she must reply to the Facebook comment within four (4) days or he/she will be disqualified and Springfree Trampoline Canada reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select one (1) alternate eligible entrant (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential prize winner). Before being declared a prize winner the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid, and complete, sign and return to Springfree Trampoline Canada a standard Declaration and Release form, confirming compliance with these rules and accepting the prize as awarded. At that time the winner will receive details about how his or her prize will be fulfilled.
Springfree Trampoline Canada is not responsible and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a selected entrant. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond to the notification of eligibility within four (4) days of the date the notification is sent, cannot confirm eligibility, or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, that entrant will be disqualified. If the selected entrant is disqualified, one (1) alternate entry from the remaining eligible entries will be randomly selected to award the prize and the process repeated. If the alternate entrant is also disqualified, no further attempts to declare a winner for that prize will be made. If any correspondence or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited. In the event there is a dispute about an entrant’s identity, the prize will be awarded to the established social media account associated with the entry. All decisions of the contest judges are final.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Prize as described is non-transferable, non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. Unless otherwise stated, no substitution or transfer of prize is allowed except at the sole discretion of Springfree Trampoline Canada who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Springfree Trampoline Canada will not be responsible for any loss, theft or misuse of a prize. Any costs that exceed the value of the prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner and are not included in the prize.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Springfree Trampoline Canada, which are final.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to provide their backyard to host the Springfree Canada Backyard BBQ.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to be available for receipt and installation of prize Springfree Trampoline. Notice of delivery and installation will be given with at least twenty-four (24) hours notice.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to allow media to enter onto and film on their property.
- By entering contest, winner agrees to appear in any and all media materials that may result from the Contest including, but not limited to, photos and video on various media and social media platforms.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree to be available to host the Springfree Canada Backyard BBQ on .
- Springfree Trampoline Canada is not responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or delayed by computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading of any materials or participation in this contest. Springfree shall, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the operation of the Web site or the administration of the contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any causes beyond its control, Springfree reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, including cancellation of the method of entry and selection of a winner from previously received entries. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules and Regulations.
- Winner will be required to sign and return within four (4) days of receipt a standard Declaration and Release form confirming compliance with these rules and waiving any liability of Springfree Trampoline Canada, its agencies, affiliates, catalogue merchant agents, store operators, and Springfree Trampoline Canada, arising out of the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use of the prize as awarded.
All entries become the property of Springfree Trampoline Canada. By entering the contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and consent to the use of the submitted photograph in any publicity which may be carried out by Springfree Trampoline Canada or their respective affiliates in connection with this contest without further notice or compensation. Winners consent to their name, place of residence, photograph, likeness, voice, voice likeness and image in any publicity which may be carried out by Springfree Trampoline Canada or their respective affiliates in connection with this contest without further notice or compensation.
The Springfree Facebook® page enables the submission of user-generated content. When providing content for the contest, you grant Springfree Trampoline Canada a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works, from, distribute, and display what you have written throughout the world in any media. You also grant Springfree Trampoline Canada the right to use the name you submit with the content, if any. Submissions and other content posted on the Springfree Facebook Page reflect the opinions of the contest participants and in no way reflect the opinion of Springfree Trampoline Canada. Springfree Trampoline Canada does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on the Facebook page. Springfree Trampoline Canada makes no representation or warranty with respect to the Facebook page and assumes no liability for incorrect product information, mistakes, misinformation, falsehoods, profanity, obscenity, or other inappropriate material posted by any contest participant.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook®. You are providing your information to Springfree Trampoline Canada and not to Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to Springfree Trampoline Canada and not Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contest administration.
- This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.