DIY Tutorial: Backyard Movie Screen
A big bucket of popcorn, a cozy blanket and your favourite family movie, there’s only one thing that tops that list – being outside in your own backyard. Well now, you can do both at the same time!
We’re dedicating this series of blogs to help you host the perfect movie night this summer, guaranteed to wow your family and neighbours! And because we would never ask you to do anything we haven’t done ourselves, we held one a few weeks ago and can say, without a doubt, it has our stamp of approval!
We’ve got tons of ideas on how to throw the perfect movie night. We’ll show you how to decorate, feed and host the perfect event. The first step is making sure you have something to show the movie on! Here is an easy DIY tutorial on how to convert your Springfree Trampoline into a movie screen. With just a few simple materials and some ingenuity we can help you build your very own screen.
What you need:
1 King size bed sheet
- Begin by taking out the two middle net rods in order to create a flat surface which will act as the backdrop for the screen.
*NOTE: Only remove the net rods once you’re ready to stop all jumping. Removing the net rods decreases the effectiveness of the safety enclosure.
- Lay out your king sized bed sheet and make six small holes. Place one in each of the four corners and one on each side, half way down the sheet.
- Attach the top 2 corners of the sheet to the top of the trampoline. You can secure it to the top of the first available net rod (see picture) using zip ties. Make sure it’s attached securely. Do this on both sides.
- Use a piece of string to secure the middle of the sheet to the net rod. Do this on both sides.
- Use a piece of string to secure the bottom of the sheet to the frame. Do this on both sides.
- If the sheet isn’t tight to the trampoline, you can use clamps to secure the sheet to the frame.
- Make sure that your projector is far enough away from the trampoline to properly display the movie across the sheet.
Want more great ideas on hosting a backyard movie night? Check out our other blog posts and we’ll give you more tips on décor and movie night snacks!
Join us for Springfree Movie Night at our retail stores and bring the whole family! We promise a fun filled evening and even a chance to win a Springfree Trampoline of your own! Click on the links for each of our stores to find out more details and RSVP to the event:
Calgary – June 12 – 4:30-7:30p
Dallas – June 13, 5-8p (all three stores on one night)
GTA – June 20 – 5-8p
Seattle – June 27 – 5-8p
Vancouver – June 26 – 5-8p